HTK Architects, P.A., has positions available for a Project Architect and Graduate/Intern Architect. We are seeking a Project Architect with minimum 3-years of experience in the Topeka office and a Graduate to 5- years experience Intern Architect in the Overland Park, Ks. office. HTK is a mid-sized Architecture/Interior Design Firm in our 55th year. Project types include Educational (K-12, Higher Ed), Student Life, Military, Criminal Justice, Office, and Religious. Interested Candidates must have a BArch or MArch Degree from an accredited University, be ambitious, a team player with strong design/creative problem solving skills, communication, organizational skills and proficient in Revit. LEEDu Accreditation is a plus. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with level of experience and full benefit package. Please email resume/portfolio in PDF to: Don Pruitt, AIA: email@example.com Visit us at www.htkarchitects.com (April 2014)
Director of Industry Development The International Masonry Institute, a labor/management trade association, is seeking an architect, engineer or construction manager in Kansas City, MO to join its national team of construction professionals. The candidate will help designers, owners, and developers to better understand the performance and advantages of masonry in the building enclosure. This position requires the ability to organize, plan and implement a targeted effort to contact the appropriate decision makers and then provide the educational seminars, technical advice or plan review necessary to potentially increase the use of brick, block, tile, marble and related materials in key projects. The candidate will also participate in national team efforts to develop strategies and tools for specific topics such as restoration and sustainability. Experience in business development is a plus and strong communication skills are essential. This position offers excellent benefits including fully paid health insurance, pension and generous vacation and sick leave. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org (April 2014)
State of Kansas, Office of Facilities and Procurement Management Division is seeking an Architect to perform code reviews, to advise and consult with consulting design professionals regarding compliance to established building codes and regulations and to assist the in-house design section with the design and preparation of drawings and specification for State building projects. Salary is based on experience with anticipated range of $52,000-$60,000. Minimum qualifications are professional architecture license recognized by Kansas Board of Technical Profession and a valid driver’s license . To be considered for this position, submit cover letter, resume, copy of Architectural License Certificate, the State Employment Application form and the Tax Clearance Certificate. Information regarding the position and application can be found at www.jobs.ks.gov or by contacting Kim Warren at email@example.com . Position is open until filled. (March 2014)
LawKingdonArchitecture currently has multiple positions available as follows:
BIM Coordinator Position: a design/production technologist to lead implementation and support efforts for BIM-Revit production support. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic self-motivated individual that can collaboratively lead our project teams in implementing Revit throughout our firm. This person should be capable of engaging effectively with our project teams, office leadership and IT infrastructure group. This position will require an individual that will be expected to balance efforts between assisting project teams and providing technology support and training firm wide. Strong communication skills are a must.
Specific project related responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Building Information Model (BIM) setup and project technology planning
· Assisting teams with the generation of BIM plans and other technology related plans, protocols or workflows
· Maintaining continuous Quality Assurance with project teams to maintain BIM quality and fidelity, adherence to BIM plans, adherence to firm-wide modeling and information standards, and continuity of information across all applications
· Coordination of application customization with internal or external application development resources
· Implementation and monitoring of effective information protocols and workflows between project teams and external consultants
General technical support responsibilities will include:
· Coordination with firm wide design technology with respect to adoption of firm wide standards and practices
· Technical support for design applications
· Coordination of applications support with the firms IT infrastructure group
· General setup, configuration and customization of standard design and production applications
· Training of teams and individuals within the firm in the fundamental operation of the standard design applications
Education & Skills:
Qualified applicants will have:
· A high level of proficiency in Autodesk Revit in an architectural production environment, including the ability to administer, install, configure, and set up the application
· Substantial experience supporting Autodesk Revit and a general comfort level with training and technical support / both one-on-one and in group settings
· The ability and willingness to learn and transition between multiple applications within LawKingdon’s technology suite including AutoCad, Revit Architecture, Revit MEP, SketchUp, 3D Studio MAX, Rhinoceros and others
· A minimum of a BS Arch, BArch or MArch and 5-10 years experience in an architectural practice environment or a similar practice environment (applicants with other degrees, but with significant relevant experience will also be considered)
Ideal applicants will also have:
· A general familiarity with design visualization and environmental analysis applications
· Some experience in application customization through programming and scripting
· An ability to provide a moderate level of support for Microsoft Windows/Office desktop and Adobe Creative Suite products along with an aptitude for PC and network support
· Professional licensure and LEED Accreditation
Project Architect: A licensed Architect with a minimum of 10 years experience and a BArch or MArch degree from an NAAB accredited school of architecture.
Job Captain: A licensure track person with a BArch or MArch degree from an NAAB accredited school of architecture and a minimum of 5 years experience or a non-licensure track individual with a minimum of 8 years related experience.
Draftsperson: A licensure track person with a BArch or MArch degree from an NAAB accredited school of architecture or a non-licensure track individual with a minimum of 3 years related experience.
LawKingdonArchitecture is an employee owned firm aspiring to the highest standards in design and services offered to our clients. Our professional success is the direct result of our client’s success.
LKA’s office is in Wichita, Kansas and has active projects throughout The United States. The firm specializes in projects within the following work areas: Retail, Hospitality, Healthcare, Educational, and Special Projects. The following qualifications will be considered when reviewing candidate resumes:
· Licensure or on a licensure track
· No licensure with equivalent related experience
· Proficient in the latest AutoCAD software
· Experience in REVIT
· Team oriented
· Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Self motivated
LKA offers competitive salaries, health/dental insurance, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, paid professional association membership, professional development reimbursements, and a fully vested ESOP program after two years of employment.
For more information on LKA please visit our web page at www.law-kingdon.com.
Contact Terrie Colborn by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume. (February 2014)
Schwerdt Design Group, Inc. is a 22-person multi-disciplined architectural/planning/interiors firm with offices in Topeka, KS and Oklahoma City, OK. Project types include corporate office, retail centers including master plan development, healthcare facilities, senior living facilities, religious, educational, government and utilities. SDG is licensed to practice in 40 states allowing us to be involved in projects on a local, regional and national basis. Current projects are being designed in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Colorado, Nebraska, and Iowa.
We have immediate career opportunities in the Topeka office for the following positions:
Intern Architect– Entry-level position requiring a Bachelor’s degree in an Architecture-related field; proficiency in AutoCAD, Architectural Desktop, SketchUp, Microsoft Office and other similar communication/presentation software; basic knowledge of architectural drafting, detailing, building materials and construction techniques. Candidate must have the ability to work independently and on a team and must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
Project Architect– Position requires a bachelor’s degree in an Architecture-related field with 3 to 5 years of architectural experience. License is desirable but not required. Qualified candidates should possess proficiency in AutoCAD, Architectural Desktop, SketchUp, Microsoft Office and other communication/presentation software. Qualified candidate must have the ability to work independently and on a team and must be able to supervise others.
Project Manager – Position requires a licensed Architect with at least 5 years of Architecture-related experience. Qualified candidate must be able to manage multiple projects in various stages of development, using available staff and office resources. Managers will be required to track and monitor project budgets, schedules and quality, while applying sound and diversified knowledge of architectural principles.
We offer a competitive salary package (commensurate with experience); retirement plan; health, life and long-term disability insurance; paid vacation, sick and holidays; paid AIA dues; and professional development opportunities.
If you are creative, self-motivated, energetic, and willing to grow with our ever expanding client base, send or e-mail your resume, attention David S. Heit, AIA: at email@example.com or Schwerdt Design Group, Inc., 2231 SW Wanamaker Road, Suite 303, Topeka, KS 66614.(Feb 2014)
To place an ad contact Carol Maxim: firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-444-9853